Choosing the right endpoint backup solution for your business
Why five misconceptions about endpoint backup leave you at a higher risk
According to a recent article in Forbes, one in five small businesses do not use endpoint security. Additionally, the article explained that 40 percent, of those small businesses have faced a severe cyberattack where they experienced at least eight, hours of downtime.
Endpoint backup solutions protect your business, from data loss and downtime in the event of a cyberattack, system crash, or other disasters. An endpoint backup solution protects your data by storing a copy of the data from network endpoints, like laptops and desktops. This type of solution is, important because it allows you to create backups, of your data locally or remotely, to quickly and easily recover and restore data, limiting downtime.
With cyberattacks at an all-time high and the cost of cloud storage plummeting, cloud-based endpoint backups are now more necessary than ever, and also affordable. However, there are still several common misconceptions about endpoint backup used to incorrectly justify the absence of an effective endpoint backup strategy.
Endpoint backup solutions provide an extra layer of protection against data loss, and they can be used to restore lost or corrupted data, quickly and easily.
Five misconceptions of endpoint backup
Misconception #1: We don’t need endpoint backup because, we use a cloud storage solution.
Relying solely on cloud storage can be risky, as data can be lost if the internet connection is unavailable, or the service is down. If your cloud storage solution has a sync feature and you suffer a data loss or malware attack on your machine, the infection will be replicated to cloud storage as well. Endpoint backup solutions provide an extra layer of protection against data loss, and they can be used to restore lost or corrupted data quickly and easily.
Misconception #2: We back up all our important data on our Servers
Endpoint backup solutions offer several advantages over traditional server-based backups. First, endpoint backup solutions don’t rely on users being disciplined enough to make periodic copies of their data onto the servers. Secondly, endpoint backup solutions provide better protection against data loss, as they allow businesses to store their data off-site at a secure location. Finally, an effective endpoint backup solution will automatically pause backups when the device has its connection interrupted and will automatically resume the process once the connection is restored, reducing the chance of failed backups.
For companies’ security measures to be truly effective, there needs to be an updated backup of their endpoint in place that can help them quickly go back into business as usual without worrying about any further damage or loss of productivity.
Misconception #3: We use external hard drives to back up endpoint Data.
One issue is that external hard drives are usually connected to the endpoint, which can be a security risk. If there is malware on the endpoint, it could potentially infect the hard drive and encrypt the data. In addition, they rely on users identifying what is important and copying that over. External hard drives are often not visible to security solutions, making it difficult to detect and prevent data loss. Finally, external hard drives can be physically damaged or lost, leading to permanent data loss.
Misconception #4: My endpoint security solution protects me from Ransomware.
Endpoint protection software aims to prevent, detect and remove malware from endpoints but does not give businesses the ability to recover lost data after a breach or ransomware attack. For companies’ security measures to be truly effective, there needs to be an updated backup of their endpoint in place that can help them quickly go back into business as usual without worrying about any further damage or loss of productivity.
Misconception #5: Restoring data with a backup solution is complex and Time-Consuming.
Restoring data can be a time-consuming and complex process, particularly if there is a lot of data to recover. However, with an effective endpoint backup solution in place, recovery is simple and straightforward. Effective endpoint backup solutions allow for granular restoration of selected files or recovery of the entire device configuration, setup, and applications. This streamlines the recovery process and ensures business operations are maintained with minimal disruption.
Not every solution will have all of the features or the level of support you need so it is crucial to understand what your business requires.
Features to consider with an endpoint backup Solution.
When it comes to choosing an endpoint backup solution, it’s important to consider all of the different features that are available around prevention, effectiveness, simplicity and performance. Not every solution will have all of the features or the level of support you need so it is crucial to understand what your business requires. Some critical features to consider are:
• Image-based backups: Offers not only the ability to recover the data but also the applications, configurations, preferences and personalization of the protected machine.
• Rapid recovery: Enables streamlined recovery of data in a disaster with an easy point-in-time snapshot to get employees back up and running quickly, exactly as they were before.
• Automated frequent backups: : Removes the need for manual intervention and minimizes the amount of potential data or work lost for a user.
• Backup verification: Ensures backups are verified for a reliable recovery with integrity checks that validate every backup and provide an automated alert if there are any issues.
• Appliance-free: Removes the need to procure or manage additional hardware and provides off-site replication directly to the cloud.
• Flexibility to pause backups: Automatically pauses backups when the device has its connection interrupted and then automatically resumes once the connection is restored.
• Self-service restores: Offer users the flexibility to control their own file restores in co-managed environments.
• Predictable billing: Unlimited cloud storage and no surprise recovery charges means predictable costs for users.
Choosing An Effective Endpoint Backup Solution
There are many benefits of using an endpoint backup solution. When it comes to choosing an endpoint backup solution for your business, there are a few things you need to take into consideration.
• The size of your business and the amount of data you need to backup. • The features that are most important to you. Some endpoint backup solutions offer a wide range of features, while others are more basic. • The level of support that is available. If you’re not comfortable working with technical software, it may be worth paying for a solution that offers 24/7 support.
Cloud Continuity for PCs eliminates data loss and helps your clients get their employees back up and running quickly by:
• Easily restoring individual files and folders. • Reliably recovering from ransomware attacks. • Rapidly restoring lost or stolen PCs. • Simplifying admin self-service file/folder recovery for clients.
Contact Us Today For Exceptional Technical Support For Your Businesses!