Windows 7,8, 8.1 and 10 SonicWALL VPN setup instructions
(MAC instructions will be linked here soon)
Video below, followed by written instructions and the letter for your employees.
Before you start…:
- Make sure you remove any existing “SonicWALL VPN” software from your computer, before proceeding.
- You can go to your START menu, and search for “Add or Remove programs” to see the list of installed / existing programs.
- Some variations of this SonicWALL VPN software might be named “SonicWALL Global VPN connection” or “Dell SonicWALL NetExtender” etc.
- REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER!!!
- We found that if you reboot BEFORE and also AFTER the installation of this program- there are less changes of issues/ failures.
- Go to this website: https://www.sonicwall.com/products/remote-access/vpn-clients , and download the NetExtender for Windows:
- The latest version of this program will be downloaded to your computer. Please locate that downloaded file and run it.
- Accept all the default values and all the positive answers (I agree, Yes, Accept, Continue…)
- Reboot the computer at the end of the installation. Do not try to run the program before you reboot your computer!
- After the computer rebooted, you’ll find the new SonicWall NetExtender icon on your computer’s desktop. Run it. This is how it looks like:
- You’ll be asked for your SERVER, USERNAME, PASSWORD and DOMAIN. If you don’t know this information, please contact us or reach out to your office manager/ in-house IT engineer.
- You might need to check your Email account for a one-time password that the system Emailed you. If you see that popup asking you for the One Time Password- make sure to enter it ASAP. That code expires within less than 1 minute.
- If the connection was successful, you will be notified that you are successfully connected. You can now access the office resources as needed/ instructed.
- If you have issues, please create a support ticket and include what specific issues you have. We’ll be happy to assist!
Instructions for your users
In some cases, we install this program remotely on your computers, using remote installation scripts.
We highly recommend that if we requested that you send a notification to your team so they are aware of this new program that will show up on their computers- please do so. Feel free to copy/ paste this text, make any changes you see fit, and send it to your team.
Hi team! Our IT provider Gallop Technology Group, will be installing a new VPN software on our company computers, remotely. This VPN software is the method we will be using to securely access our company server/ resources remotely, while we work remotely. You will soon see the new SonicWALL NetExtender VPN software on your computer's desktop. The icon looks like this: Please don't remove this program or worry about reporting it. It's a safe program and expected to be used by our team. You will also get a separate Email with the needed information that you'll need to enter on this program's setup page. If you have any questions- please contact me, or our helpdesk team on www.click-911.com .