What is ProofPoint?
ProofPoint is our enterprise-level spam filter and Email protection service, which will increase protection and compliance by minimizing the chances of threats that often come through email. Please note that Proofpoint can only protect mailboxes using your company domain/s (for example, @yourcompany.com), and will NOT be able to protect personal mailboxes (for example @yahoo.com, @cox.net, @gmail.com).
In order to enroll your company, we will need:
- Access to or a connection to the company who you registered your domain name with (known as your domain’s “registrar” (for example, GoDaddy, Domain.com, NameCheap.com, etc.).
- In most cases, your website’s hosting company is also the registrar.
- You can tell who your registrar is by visiting ICANN Lookup , enter your domain name and click on “Lookup”. Scroll down to the Registrar Information section to find who your registrar is.
- Management access to your Cloud Email Admin account.
- List of people who should have management access to the Proofpoint portal?
- Please note that people with this admin access can only see a list of all your company’s Emails TO, FROM and SUBJECT LINE of ALL EMAILS.
- Any email marked by ProofPoint as SPAM or malicious then an admin can see the body of the email in its entirety.
- A scheduled time for the cutover when there may be an interruption in email service. Our Engineers will reach out to you when the back end is setup to coordinate the cutover time.
What happens when we enroll your company with ProofPoint?
- All your Email traffic, both internal and external, will be routed thru ProofPoint and scanned for spam, malicious content, bad links, un-authorized content, and more.
- For companies NOT using Microsoft365, ProofPoint will provide you with the ability to send encrypted Emails internally and externally.
- Some Microsoft plans already include in them the option to send encrypted Email. If you DO have a plan with Microsoft that includes Encrypted Email service already, we will set the Microsoft solution for you, vs. ProofPoint encrypted Email. This allows better control for you down the road. If your Microsoft plan does NOT have an Encrypted Email service included, we will set you up with ProofPoint Encrypted Email solution as well.
- Users will receive welcome email with instructions to log in directly before or right after the cutover.
- The main purpose for for all users to logon is to see their log of blocked emails or to add or remove senders from their own personal whitelist or blacklist, and also make changes to the frequency of the “digest” email that ProofPoint will send to each user.
- What are the Digest Emails?
- By default, “digest emails” are sent to each user every 4 hours with a list of emails that that were blocked for SPAM or MALWARE.
- From this “digest email”, the users may INDIVIDUALLY release an Email that was marked as SPAM but is actually “legit”, or confirm that SPAM emails are indeed SPAM, or reclassify emails that are not SPAM.
- For Phishing emails, an admin or Gallop Technology Group must be notified to allow a user to release these emails.
- As time goes by (normally within 2-4 weeks after the service has been implemented), the users will “teach” ProofPoint which Emails are legit and which are normally spam by using these Digest Email options on a regular basis. Therefor- We can decrease the frequency of the “digest emails” as well as what is the content in the “digest emails”.
- For example, you may only want to get digest emails once a day and only display new SPAM that was received since the last digest Email, as opposed to seeing EVERYTHING that is “stuck” in your spam folder on ProofPoint that was not yet categorized by the user.
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Quick Reference Links: