What is ProofPoint?
ProofPoint (www.ProofPoint.com) is an enterprise-level spam filter and Email protection service, which will increase protection and compliance by minimizing the chances of threats that often come through emails and attachments. Please note that Proofpoint will ONLY protect mailboxes that belong to your company domain/s (for example, @yourcompany.com), and will NOT be able to protect personal mailboxes (for example @yahoo.com, @cox.net, @gmail.com).
What happens when we enroll your company with ProofPoint?
- Once enrollment is complete by our team, all your Email traffic, both internal and external, will be routed thru ProofPoint Email protection filters, and scanned for spam, malicious content, bad links, un-authorized content, and more.
- Users will receive welcome email with instructions to log in directly before or right after the cutover.
- The main purpose for the users to logon is to see their log of blocked emails or to add or remove senders from their own personal whitelist or blacklist, and also make changes to the frequency of the “digest” email that ProofPoint will send to each user.
- Each user has an “Emergency Mailbox” that they can log into on their Proofpoint portal. This is a mailbox that will collect Emails and keep them “on hold” in case your Email provider (Microsoft, for example) is experiencing an outage or traffic issues. This service assures that your team have the ability to still send and receive emails if Microsoft is “down”.
- Once your Emails are filtered thru Proofpoint, any emails that are potential “spam”, will be quarantined on Proofpoint, and will NOT be delivered to the user. Instead- each user will get a DIGEST Email.
- What are the Digest Emails?
- By default, “digest emails” are sent to each user every 4 hours with a list of emails that that were blocked for SPAM or MALWARE.
- From this “digest email”, the users may INDIVIDUALLY release an Email that was marked as SPAM but is actually “legit”, or confirm that SPAM emails are indeed SPAM, or reclassify emails that are not SPAM.
- For Phishing emails, an admin or Gallop Technology Group must be notified to allow a user to release these emails.
- As time goes by (normally within 2-4 weeks after the service has been implemented), the users will “teach” ProofPoint which Emails are legit and which are normally spam by using these Digest Email options on a regular basis. Therefor- We can decrease the frequency of the “digest emails” as well as what is the content in the “digest emails”.
- For example, you may only want to get digest emails once a day and only display new SPAM that was received since the last digest Email, as opposed to seeing EVERYTHING that is “stuck” in your spam folder on ProofPoint that was not yet categorized by the user.
- What are the Digest Emails?
Please contact us if you have any questions, but be sure to first visit the links below please, for some important information/ Q&A: